Welcome to our mini-sized Lappland in central Finland
Our cottages are surrounded by the beautiful national park Leivonmäki, that is like a tiny Lappland, but more closer than you have ever thought of! Here you can enjoy the Lappland-like scenery and because there's not too much lights, you have the possibility to see the amazing northern lights.
In case the nature and relaxing itself is not enough, here are some nearby sights and activities:
Sights and shops
- Jukola cheese factory - Finland's best Cheddar comes from Jukola!
- Karoliinan kestikievari - Lovely café that bakes awesome cakes and pastries
- Tommolan garden farm - Beautiful perennial farm
- Rutalahti mill - Locally produced grain products
- Anu Pylsy - Workshop and clothing shop
- Haihatus - Art in a very different way
- Villa Mathilda - Arts and crafts in a place full of feeling, about 60 km away
- Purnu www.purnu.com Suitable for kids and families with great ski slopes.
- Himos www.himos.fi Favourite place of enthusiasts.
- Hiihtokeskus Laajis Next to Jyväskylä city's services.
- Riihivuori www.riihivuori.fi
Spas and indoor swimming
- Leivonmäki swimming pool is very clean, affordable and near.
- AaltoAlvari - Wonderful slide and waves.
- Peurunka www.peurunka.fi offers swimming, gym and other indoor sport possibilities.
- Samoyed sled-rides Omenapuun kennel
- Food in the wild Ohjelmapalvelu Maahisen muki ja mela
- Motorsports all year round Joutsan Seudun Ratakeskus Oy
- Snowmobile safari Jussin Aktiivilomat
- Leivonmäki national park
- Ruohtula farm in Luhanka - archery and good food
- Letkaliiteri dancing and music
Restaurants and cafés